Monday, October 13, 2008

Back at the Salt Mine..

Well, I was out of circulation for a while.. and we won't go into that now. I have been back @ work for 2 weeks now. I am working for a small computer company (HP..joke get it.. they are not small) as a consultant on a Government Project. That is all I can say about that.

However, I have been working with OpsWare, VMware and Linux (2 of the 3 are new to me) and figured I would put down some thoughts as I come across them.

YUM - yum is another package manager in the Linux world. I am not sure when it came into existance or where from but it is cool! I am working on a project where we wanted to install all packages with the exception of BIND and SENDMAIL. Ok.. I try to remove the BIND with rpm..nothing doing. There are all kinds of other packages that rely on it. However you can go "yum -y remove sendmail" and BAM, it removes all the associated packages.

In the words of Ricky Bobby "That Just Happened!"

I am able to move on for the day.

No comments: